Friday, January 15, 2021

More PSC trickery!!

I updated psc to include SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 support, so you can now do crazy things like web browsing remote networks from within a modem dialup shell or portshell (even multihop), effectively upgrading a simple portshell to a SSH like e2e pty shell with the ability to forward TCP and UDP ports.

This finally merges code into PSC that I started back in early 2000's, when I was in need to have TCP connections via modem dialups that actually did not have ppp to obtain an IP address to browse from.


1 comment:

crd said...

Would this be referred to as "history-proofing" your software as opposed to future-proofing it? I'm reminded of the days when my method of internet access was slirp from a linux system which I accessed via telnet from a "borrowed" account on a VMS system with a dialup pool. Good times.