Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jailbreaking legalized in terms of Y^HDMCA

Apparently the EFF was able to relax some conditions of the DMCA.
Thanks to them it is now legal to jailbreak your phone.
Thats great news! :) Of course that only expresses what
sounds like human digital rights anyway: to own what you own.
As a nice coincidence I was meeting some of them two weeks ago
at a developers conference.


Small side-notice: 743C is still accepting device-donations.
If you have an android >= 2.0 device (preferably newer ones
like DroidX, Milestone, Backflip, Hero, Desire etc.)
that you dont need anymore
please leave me a comment with your contact address.
I dont need the GSM part (e.g. no SIM). I run most of
the stuff inside emulator, but certain things need
a real device as seen with /etc/firmware
or the additional software that is installed by the
vendor/carrier.
It would help to develop jailbreaks in future.


Some people uploaded videos of jailbreaks, using 734C
exploits like this or that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ive always loved things that the normal people can't or don't know how to do witness they're phones like fone freaking back in the day. Can u please help me root my Droid Razr Maxx

Unknown said...

How do I gain full access to my LG Realm LS620 Android phone as I already rooted it.